What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Links to other websites
This Privacy Notice applies only to Online Offerings that link to this Privacy Notice and not to other websites or applications of our affiliates that have their own Privacy Notice or which are operated by third parties. This Privacy Notice also does not apply in situations where we only process information on behalf of our Business Partners, e.g., when we act as a web hosting or cloud provider. We may provide links to other websites and applications which we believe may be of interest to you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or applications
A.E.P Inc, uses the highest security standard available (SSL) to encrypt all of your account, credit card and personally identifiable information while it is in transit to us. All data stored on the A.E.P Inc. server is protected by a secure “firewall” so that no unauthorized use or activity can take place. Although A.E.P Inc. will make every effort to safeguard your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that thieves may find a way to thwart our security system or that transmissions over the Internet will be intercepted.
Our Data Privacy Organization provides support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. The Data Privacy Organization may be contacted at: email@example.com.
The Data Privacy Organization will always use reasonable efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting the Data Privacy Organization, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Personal data processed and purpose of the processing
In the context of the business relationship with us, we may process the following categories of personal data of consumers and contact persons at (prospective) customers, suppliers, vendors and partners (each a “Business Partner”):
- Contact information, such as full name, job position, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address;
- Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
- Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with us or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner, such as personal data relating to orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
- Personal data collected from publicly available resources (including business and employment oriented social networks and websites), integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
- If legally required for Business Partner compliance screenings: date of birth, ID numbers, identity cards and information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against Business Partners.
We may process the personal data for the following purposes:
- Communicating with Business Partners about our products, services and projects, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests or providing you with information about purchased products;
- Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services;
- Administrating and performing market analysis, sweepstakes, contests, or other customer activities or events;
- Contacting you with information and offers concerning our products and services, sending you further marketing messages and conducting customer satisfaction surveys as explained in Section 3;
- Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), export control and customs, Business Partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and our policies or industry standards; and
- Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
ACCOUNT CREATION AND REQUEST FOR A QUOTE
We process your name, email, and phone number when you request a quote and when you decide to create an account on our Site. Once an account is created, we process your username and password in order to allow you to securely log into our Site. We process this Personal Data only as necessary to provide you services on our Site under our Terms of Service and to further our legitimate interests in protecting our Site and content.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.